The Artist in the Marketplace (AIM) program, provides FREE professional development opportunities to emerging artists residing in the New York metropolitan area. The program consists of a 13-week seminar that addresses practical concerns, and brainstorms networking opportunities. Every two years, AIM introduces the work of 72 artists to a greater audience through the Bronx Calling exhibition and an accompanying catalog. Through the program’s collaborative structure, participating artists are encouraged to build networks and envision their paths.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The AIM program is open to visual artists working in all media.
- Please submit 8 recent works that best represent your practice.
- The Bronx Museum of the Arts will only consider complete applications.
- Please read submission instructions carefully in each section of the form.
To be eligible for the Artist in the Marketplace program, an artist must:
- Live in the New York City metropolitan area. (Within commuting distance of New York City.)
- Not be a student in a degree-granting program or its equivalent.
- Not be participating in comparable career development program.
- Not be a current employee, consultant, board member or major funder of The Bronx Museum of the Arts, or an immediate family member of such a person.
- Not be AIM alumni