Read about what mattered within the African-American community in August 1980.
- 5 Publisher’s Statement
- 7 Where’s Roy Ayers Coming From? written by Ken Simmons
- 10 Book Beat written by Christopher Vaughn
- 10 Film Takes written by Dwight Brown
- 11 The Flyers Track Team written by Michael George
- 13 Mtume: The Man and the Band written by E. Chann Berry
- 15 Music Reviews: On Stage written by Darryle Alvin Hawes
- 15 Record Reviews written by Chris Albertson
- 16 Obba Babatunde: Waiting For His Role written by Gerrie E. Summers
- 18 Theater Review: “The Wiz” and “The Lion and the Jewel”
- 19 En Route written by Audrey J. Bernard
- 20 Travel Tips written by Estelle Epps
- 21 Routes’ Roots: Charles White written by Sharon Y. Lopez
- Cover Photograph by William J. Pierce
See the complete issue of Routes, August 1980 as PDF.